Searching around on Clean Eating magazine's website, I stumbled upon a recipe that melds together the trifecta of awesome: BANANA, PEANUT BUTTER, & CHOCOLATE!! The recipe I made today is Banana & Peanut Flaxseed Cookies. And yes, they have chocolate chips. They were listed as an "optional" addition and to me, chocolate is NEVER optional. Agreed? Yes. It's just like fork marks on peanut butter. IT IS A MUST!
|Cookies all set to go in the oven.|
Note the fork marks.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (I used oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium banana
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon natural vanilla
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
|A plate full of cookies! All 37 of them...|