Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another recipe...

Thought I'd share another recipe with all of you today. Again, there was the ripe bananas on the counter & I felt like baking. Good combo, eh? Today, I made chocolate cupcakes using a recipe I adapted from Vegetarian Times.


  • 1 1/2 cups of Spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup dry sweetener
  • 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup sour non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened Almond milk and added about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar)
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/3 cup of applesauce
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  1. Turn the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Whisk non-dairy milk with about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Set aside. 
  3. Mash the banana. Add applesauce and vanilla to the banana and mix together. Add the sour milk to this mixture and mix again. 
  4. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
  5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. 
  6. Pour into muffin tins. Makes 12 cupcakes.
  7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in through the centre comes out clean. 
These turned out pretty good! They're moist and Jeremy enjoyed one for his afternoon snack today. These would be great with some icing on them (not for me though...I do not have a sweet tooth and I hate icing!).

If you end up making these, please let me know what you think and if you changed anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment